Search This Blog

Welcome to my blog

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Gretal and Hansel part 2




One day on and the petals have dried out, changed shape, curled up, lost their softness becoming brittle and changed from a vibrant red colour to a deep dark plum.

The piece has become a lot more sinister and 'dark'. Somehow the cottage seems more desolate and the trees more menacing than before.

I would be interested to see how the petals would had deteriorate if they had been pressed and dried out prior to having the butterfly images cut out. Although if the flowers were pressed before hand their natural form and beauty would already have been manipulated.
I have enjoyed making this piece and watching it develop and change tone, but I think I will spend some time and remake a version of this piece, using a larger piece of Strong card for the base. Stronger embossed card for the trees and cottage and experiment with the use of dried and fresh petals and leaves.

No comments: