Search This Blog

Welcome to my blog

Monday 3 October 2011

Journeys and Cells

Last month I held my first solo show at Glass from the Past at Barleylands craft village as part of the A127 art trail. In the exhibition I showed a selection of my paper 'cell' sculptures and crayon 'journey' drawings.
The `cell’ sculptures in this exhibition portray my love of paper. I enjoy reclaiming old papers, newspapers, found images etc giving them a new life and a new form. My working process explores manipulating the use of paper as a sculptural medium, expressing the aesthetic quality of nature.
My drawings reflect observations of places and happenings I have come across on various journeys. I use oil pastels and crayons to create accessible images provoking the viewer to contemplate their own journeys, memories and thoughts of everyday life.
For those of you that missed out on seeing the show, here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure.
 Gallery View showing Eclipse, and 9 Cells, Paper sculptures made from newspaper and painted with acrylic paint
 9 Cells, newspaper and acrylic paint
 Metamorphose 1, newspaper, printed paper and acrylic paint
 Shapes that go together, newspaper and acrylic paint
 Nothings gonna stop us now, newspaper and acrylic paint
 Unknown Journey, newspaper and acrylic paint
 I'll do my crying in the rain (detail), newspaper and acrylic paint
 I'll do my crying in the rain , newspaper and acrylic paint
 My cup runneth Over (detail), newspaper and acrylic paint
 I'll do my crying in the rain, newspaper and acrylic paint
 Cell, newspaper and acrylic paint
 Live, Love Laugh, newspaper and acrylic paint
 Me
 My Journey Drawings on Display
 Paris in the Rain, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
 London Calling, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
 Brandenberg Gate, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
 Bubble Girl, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
 Wellies, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
 Frothy Spoon, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
 Norwegian skies, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
 Elizabeth, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil
Going Nowhere, Pastels, Water soluble Crayons and pencil

I am happy to undertake any commissions and have some of the drawings and sculptures shown above still available for sale. If you would like to make an enquiry please contact me on lisamart@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you to Caroline Wieldman for graciously allowing me to exhibit my art work at Glass From The Past at Barleylands Craft Village www.glassfromthepast.co.uk and Matt from Root red photography www.rootredphotography.co.uk for the amazing photos of my sculptures.

No comments: