Search This Blog

Welcome to my blog

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Christmas Crafts 2 -Noel Card

Christmas Craft Number 2 is a beautiful Noel Christmas Card. This can be adapted to any saying, name etc but for the purposes of this piece I have used the word Noel.
First make sure you have all the pieces of equipment you need:
A piece of A4 card, patterned paper, ribbon, glitter glue, tape, gems, scissors, pritt stick, a craft knife and a cutting mat.
To start, fold a piece of A4 paper in half to make your card base. Measure a piece of ribbon that will fit across the card. Secure on the reverse with pritt stick or tape.
For my card I have glued 3 squares of ascending sizes in the centre of the card. Before gluing the top square to the others I cut out a bauble shape using a craft knife. On the back of this piece of paper I have iris folded coloured paper to create a textured area of detail. Iris folding is where strips of paper are folded in half and then layered in a specific order to create a pattern. It is called iris folding as it usually results in a spiral format. To find out more about iris folding follow this link http://bit.ly/toSX9I 
The bauble will be my letter "o". The remaining letters I have cut out of patterned paper. These letters are carefully glued into place using pritt stick. You could use foam sticky pads to add layers if you preferred.
Finally I have used the glitter glue to outline my letters and added a gem either side of the central square.
Don't forget to send me images of any crafts items you make from my seven days blog- or of any other Christmas craft ideas you would like me to share on my blog. Send images to lisamart@hotmail.co.uk

 Front of Noel Card
Detail of the iris folded bauble for the letter "o"

No comments: